We are Recruiting!
Due to our success, we are looking for a dedicated and hardworking good all-rounder with a hunger to progress, and a flair for pastry to work alongside working proprietors and existing team members for 3-4 days a week including weekends through the busy summer season and beyond. The right candidate/s will be self-motivated, responsible and creative. Ideally they will have function chef experience at some level and must have enthusiasm for fresh local, top quality produce.
The successful chef/s will be responsible for overseeing any given menu from prep at our premises in Thorp Arch through to delivery at venue which can be anything from marquees in greenfield sites to a manor house across the Yorkshire Region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, prep, delivery and presentation of a variety of innovative menus
- Setting and communicating service deadlines on live days
- Managing the prep kitchen and live kitchen safely and following hygiene systems from gear up to clear down
- Checking deliveries and maintaining quality
- Leading and overseeing a kitchen team
- Developing new aspects of the menus alongside the working proprietor, both sweet and savoury
- Following and reporting on trends
- Driving License and own transport
- Fluent in English
- Genuine passion for cooking with all-round ability and a particular flair for pastry and presentation
- Ability to follow instruction, to set, communicate and meet deadlines
- Flexible approach to working patterns with weekend availability
- Experience running an event/function kitchen
- At least level 3 hygiene certificate and recognised industry qualifications
- A team player with good motivational skills
- Attention to detail
please apply in writing to email@example.com with CV and introductory letter